Ever notice that some traditional Valentine sayings are a bit… uh… off? So many traditional cards and little heart-shaped candies draw a fine line between sweetheart and possessive stalker.
We got the ball rolling on some new ideas. Here’s our attempt at de-creepifying them…
- Be Mine, but not like I would own you in any way.
- Let’s Kiss, when you A-OK it. Till then, I’m just happy to be in your company.
- UR a 10, size shoe? I want to get you some new hiking gear.
- Marry Me, but only if you believe in that kind of thing and are in a state that supports equality.
- Cutie Pie, is what I call the pie that I made you. It’s tiny. You on the other hand are a grown person who I love and respect.
- All Mine… this list of half the chores, these are all my responsibilities.
- I Love You to Death (mine not yours).
- You’re Brains Are Like Whoa.
- I Respect You.
- Be My Equal.
- I Wuv Ur Inner Beauty.
We know you can be funnier than us… Share some of your feminist-style Valentine sayings in the comments!
Oh and while you’re Valentining, check out our Valentines made out of garbage (well, recycled materials) that we feature at our Alternative V-day Horror Movie Party.
All work published on DomesticFeminist is the intellectual property of its creators. For another website wanting to repost our content, please follow our rules for reposting.